The HDSC Skill Centre Program is designed for players who desire a more challenging and competitive playing environment. The primary goal of the program is to assist the player in reaching their maximum potential. This program follows the HDSC performance player pathway and feeds our Competitive streams.
Age Group Training
- Open to all U8-U11 players (Born 2015-2011)
- Players are typically grouped by age and gender into teams/training groups
- New Coach Mentorship Program implemented and run by the Technical Director to support coach development for the benefit of our players
- 16 Weeks, May 14 through August 27
- One weekly technical practice on grass (Tuesdays at Tremont Plateau Park, time is TBD)
- U8/U9 weekly NSSL games in a festival format
- U8/U9 - $450
- U10/U11 - $495
- Facility costs
- Technical Leads, coaches and technical staff
- Player registration/insurance with governing bodies
- Training equipment
- Administrative fees (operational, registration system, processing)
- League fees (games, facilities, referee, administration)
The registration deadline is April 27, 2022, however, these programs usually fill up before the registration deadline.
This program is led by Technical Director David Hannah and assisted by the Skill Centre Coordinator, to be announced. They will be supported by qualified C-Licensed Dunbrack coaches or technical staff. All coaches are a part of the Halifax Dunbrack Coach Development Program.
If you are interested in coaching with Dunbrack Soccer, please contact George Athanasiou.
The Skill Centre program follows the GAG methodology (game - activity - game) and consists of the following skill building activities:
- Ball mastery
- Passing and receiving - both feet
- Shooting - both feet
- Athleticism building
- 1v1 mastery
- Small-sided games
We are a non-profit soccer club and we strive to balance low program fees with superior coaching and training opportunities. We are proud to offer the following supports for our members:
- We offer payment by monthly instalments through our Demosphere registration platform.
- We support outside funding opportunities available through and .
- Dunbrack Soccer offers in-house funding for players through our Everyone Plays initiative for players who have maxed out their annual funding from outside funding organizations.
- Members who require further assistance are asked to contact George Athanasiou, HDSC Director of Operations.
Need to Know:
- Training schedules are subject to change based on facility availability
- There will be no make-up sessions or pro-rated fees based on lost training sessions or late registration.
- Field closures and extreme weather conditions are beyond our control and can cause training to be cancelled. Members are asked to refer to the Halifax Field Conditions webpage for a daily field conditions update.
- Please refer to our Refund Policy in the event that you need to withdraw from a program.
If you have any questions regarding the Skill Centre Program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org